Cheshunt Minor Injuries Unit

Cheshunt Community Hospital, King Arthur Court, Cheshunt EN8 8XN

Your feedback

How to feedback

We always want to know if you are satisfied with our service and your feedback helps us to shape any future developments.

If you have visited the Minor Injury Unit as a patient, carer or relative and would like make a comment then please email us:

You can find more information about the NHS Complaints process here:

How to complain

We are committed to providing you with the best service possible. In order to keep improving the services we provide we are always interested to listen to your concerns and complaints.

If you have a concern or complaint about the service you have received from the nurses, or any of the staff working at the Cheshunt MIU, please let us know. We operate a complaints procedure as part of the National Health Service system for dealing with complaints.

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly at the time that they arise and with the person concerned.

If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible, ideally, within a matter of days or at most a few weeks. This will enable us to establish what happened more easily. If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint:

• within six months of the incident that caused the problem; or

• within six months of discovering that you have a problem, provided that no more than 12 months has elapsed from the date of the incident.

Written complaints should be addressed to the service manager who will explain the complaints procedure to you and will make sure that your concerns are promptly dealt with. It will be a great help if you are as specific as possible about your complaint. Alternatively, you could complain online by accessing our website.

What we will do

We will acknowledge your complaint within three working days. If we cannot offer a full explanation at this stage we will contact you to agree a reasonable timescale for a full response. For instance, it may take longer to investigate a complaint that involves a number of issues.

We will keep you updated throughout any investigation and when it is complete we will be in a position to offer you an explanation or a meeting with the people involved. When we look into your complaint we aim to:

  • find out what happened and what went wrong;
  • arrange for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like us to do so;
  • make sure you receive an apology where this is appropriate; and
  • identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again.

If you feel that you have not had a satisfactory response or outcome to your complaint from Cheshunt Minor Injury Unit, you may appeal to the company that manages the unit, Haverstock Healthcare.

To do so please contact the Compliance Manager at Haverstock Healthcare head office and provide as much detail as possible about your complaint.

Haverstock Healthcare
Compliance Manager
154 Drummond Street

London NW1 3HP

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness or disability) of providing this.

Complaining to the local NHS

We hope that if you have a problem, you will use our complaints procedure. We believe that this will give us the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong and an opportunity to improve our service.

Submitting a concern or complaint in no way affects your right to approach the service’s commissioners, East and North Hertfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group. If you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us or you are dissatisfied with the result of our investigation. If you wish to complain to East and North Hertfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group please contact them on

NHS Complaints Advocacy Service

Independent specialist advice is available from the NHS Complaints Advocacy Service to help you through the NHS complaints process. This service is a free, independent service that can help you make a complaint about any NHS treatment or service.

Care Quality Commission (CQC)

You also have the right to report any dissatisfaction or concerns to the CQC which is the independent regulator of health and adult social care services in England.

Care Quality Commission
National correspondence
Newcastle upon Tyne

Tel: 03000 616 161

Please note that the CQC will not respond to your complaint directly, but will investigate the matter directly with Haverstock Healthcare.